Do you need to get a credit card for your small business? One of the reasons why a pediatrics practice (who has been in business for 60 years) hired me, was to help them get a credit card. Why did I need to help get a credit card for their small business? They needed a way to efficiently keep track of expenses and cash in on perks a credit card offers.
Why did a pediatrics practice need Lee Davis and Company Management Services?
A pediatrics practice needed both bookkeeping and management services, so they hired Lee Davis and Company. Lee looked at their QuickBooks and cleaned up their books. Once he took care of the low-hanging fruit, he turned to some other tasks that needed to get done to make their business run more efficiently and cost-effectively.
The Story – Getting a Credit Card for the Small Business
One of the tasks that one of the partners had for Lee to do was to get a credit card for them. Lee researched the credit cards available. Next, Lee turned to one of the partners to help him with the task. The partner applied for a credit card and was turned down.
Did Lee Davis and Company give up? No!
Lee went to the company’s bank and asked if the company could get a credit card from them. The bank only offered the option of opening up a debit card. But, this solution didn’t accomplish the company’s goals. They wanted to be able to use points and cash back perks.
Did Lee Davis and Company give up? No!
Next, Lee Davis tried American Express. He applied for the American Express card for himself and was approved for the card. Then, he went back to the pediatrics company and advised them to also apply for an American Express card.
Did Lee Davis and Company succeed? Yes!
Why is this the right solution?
A credit card is a good choice for a business because of the cash back rewards. Over the next 6 months the company could save $700 to $1,000.
The partners and employees also don’t need to turn in any receipts for expenses they incur for the business. This allows the company to eliminate a time-consuming task that leads to errors in bookkeeping, thus increasing efficiency in their business.
Lee Davis and Company is working on a list of management tasks for the pediatric practice. Opening a credit card is just the beginning.
What else is Lee Davis and Company Management Services going to do for the practice?
Lee Davis and Company is going to:
- Help them with their financial reporting – We are going to put together their financial
- Move them over to QuickBooks Online, so that the partners can access their books from a variety of devices from a variety of locations
- Help them file for their PPP loan forgiveness
- Look for ways to increase quality of the product but decrease the overhead of the practice
What has Lee Davis and Company done for the pediatric practice?
Lee Davis and Company has:
- Put together an expense form for them to keep track of the various expenses for the practice, so at the end of the year, the partners could look at who submitted what.
- Cleaned up messes, which helped them trust their accounting information to reduce their accounting cost
Would you like to see more of these helpful posts?
We would love to help you rock your business!
How can Lee Davis and Company help you with the management of your company?
- We could train you to use QuickBooks.
- If you need someone to set up your QuickBooks, we could do that.
- We would love to manage your business for you.
- If you live in the Peterborough, NH area, you could join our networking group, Our Town Networking.
What can you expect from Lee Davis and Company?
Lee Davis is the president of Lee Davis and Company. He prides himself in helping his clients make their dreams of running a successful business a reality. He has the tools, skills and advice that will help you, the client, get to the next level.
What services can you find at Lee Davis and Company?
- Bookkeeping Services (only in conjunction with Management Services)
- Small Business Advising
- QuickBooks Training
- Management Services
We are looking for a digital marketing expert.
Hello, if you are reading this post, perhaps you might know someone who could help us with digital marketing.
At Lee Davis and Company, we are looking to hire someone to be in charge of digital marketing. We are looking to grow our training business and soon will launch an e-book that we need someone to help promote.
If you would like to throw your hat into the ring, we would love to meet you. Contact us through our website or email [email protected]